FYI: This is for all you EB enthusiasts. It’s a longer post than usual, and super tactical.
If you lead Employer Branding at a high-growth startup that’s going through a reinvention or identity crisis and need a more strategic process for discovering your new brand identity, consider a Nimble EVP approach.
It’s likely that a robust EVP process will demand too many resources (time + money) and be a blocker to you accomplishing what you need to.
This nimble approach is ~40% strategy, ~60% execution––designed to get you the data you need, with a relatively low lift, to then move quickly into content implementation.
Here’s a high level of the process:
Step 1: Conduct a 3-hour workshop for discovery with:
- Key company leaders
- Priority hiring managers
- D&I/ERG leaders
- Branding / Creative
- Talent Acquisition
Use these questions as prompts:
- Why [company]?
- Tell us about a moment that is so [company].
- What to pay attention to/potential challenges as [company] grows?
- Can you name our current company values? List them out.
- What is a value that helps drive your decisions?
- How/where do you see values lived out in the office?
- How do you describe [company] to outside candidates?
- Candidate perceptions (and misconceptions)?
- What stories aren’t being told?
- What have you learned at [company]?
From here, surface themes, stories, and note characters to profile in content.
Step 2: Turn findings into a Candidate Messaging Playbook consisting of:
- Employer Brand 1-liner
- “About” your company (for updating across your careers page, JDs, LinkedIn, Glassdoor, etc.)
- Employer Brand Pillars
- Communication dos and don’ts
- Employer brand best practices
*This is your internal comms tool for recruiting!
I’m happy to share a doc w/ a detailed framework of the process for DIY purposes.
Just send me a quick reply if you’re interested :)