Hey folks! We, the team at Before You Apply, have launched People You Can Hire.
What it is
People You Can Hire is a website that houses a series of individual newsletters. Each newsletter is focused on a niche talent pool, like Senior Software Engineers, Web3 Developers, SaaS AE’s (rainmakers), Product people, and a host of other candidate types.
If you’re a hiring manager or in-house recruiter, you can subscribe to as many newsletters as you like. Subscribing is free.
How it works
- We’re aggregating top candidates (under aliases) from highly vetted external recruiters, then sending these lists out as newsletters.
- Most of these candidates are considering a move on the DL. They’re commonly referred to as “passive”.
- Every candidate listed in one of our newsletters is represented by a recruiter. If you’d like an introduction to a candidate, you contact their recruiter directly.
Want more details? We created this Employer FAQ just for you :)
Here’s the plan
- If you’re a hiring manager or in-house recruiter, sign up for one or more newsletters.
- When a newsletter hits 50 qualified subscribers it launches.
- Once we launch a newsletter, you’ll get candidates in your inbox as soon as we’re up to speed.
How money gets exchanged
- This is somewhere between a placement fee and a referral fee. TBH, we’re not sure what to call it.
- Bottom line: When you hire someone that you met via a newsletter, you’ll pay the recruiter who represents that candidate a fee. Fees are set by the recruiters and listed up-front so you know what you’re getting into. Until then, there’s zero cost to you, the employer.
So if you’re hiring, feel to subscribe to one or many newsletters.