This is for all you in-house DIY content creators. Here’s how we create our team profile deliverable at Before You Apply.
Have at it. You can easily adapt this to an in-house approach. Feel free to ping me with any questions.
Notes regarding who to interview:
- For mid to late-stage companies we aim to interview 1 - senior function leader and 2 - IC’s per team profile (3 people total). We will brand the page as [team]@[company].
- For an early-stage company that doesn’t have its teams fully built out yet, we will typically interview a cofounder, an operational leader, and 1 - IC who’s closely related to the current priorities of the org (3 people total). We will brand the page as Early Stage@[company].
Whatever you do, make the interviewees specific and relevant to the desired candidate audience. Don’t try to make this page represent the entire company.
This is not a “most bang for your buck” initiative. It’s intentionally designed to be niched down and narrowly focused.
The tools we’re currently using:
- Riverside.FM to record interviews.
- Slack to communicate with 90% of our clients. The remaining 10% is via email.
- Airtable for client-facing forms.
- Notion for our shared “client hub” that tracks the progress of the project.
- Google Docs for internal documentation.
- Descript for video editing.
- Calendly for scheduling interviews.
- Django for CMS. (Although we’re actively looking at other options).
Hope this helps :)
P.S. This could easily be tweaked and turned into a sales enablement asset.