1 min read

How We Make a Team Profile: The DIY Formula

Don’t try to make this page represent the entire company. This is not a “most bang for your buck” initiative. It’s intentionally designed to be niched down and narrowly focused.

25-second read

This is for all you in-house DIY content creators. Here’s how we create our team profile deliverable at Before You Apply.

This page documents the entire process.

Have at it. You can easily adapt this to an in-house approach. Feel free to ping me with any questions.

Notes regarding who to interview:

  • For mid to late-stage companies we aim to interview 1 - senior function leader and 2 - IC’s per team profile (3 people total). We will brand the page as [team]@[company].
  • For an early-stage company that doesn’t have its teams fully built out yet, we will typically interview a cofounder, an operational leader, and 1 - IC who’s closely related to the current priorities of the org (3 people total). We will brand the page as Early Stage@[company].

Whatever you do, make the interviewees specific and relevant to the desired candidate audience. Don’t try to make this page represent the entire company.

This is not a “most bang for your buck” initiative. It’s intentionally designed to be niched down and narrowly focused.  

The tools we’re currently using:

  • Riverside.FM to record interviews.
  • Slack to communicate with 90% of our clients. The remaining 10% is via email.
  • Airtable for client-facing forms.
  • Notion for our shared “client hub” that tracks the progress of the project.
  • Google Docs for internal documentation.
  • Descript for video editing.
  • Calendly for scheduling interviews.
  • Django for CMS. (Although we’re actively looking at other options).

Hope this helps :)

P.S. This could easily be tweaked and turned into a sales enablement asset.

Like, comment, and share on LinkedIn