There’s a flurry of “how to grow your audience on LinkedIn” content flying around these days.
Here is my two cents on LinkedIn organic growth (keyword: organic):
- A lot. For a long time.
2. Detach from engagement numbers.
- They don’t matter. Caring about likes, comments, and follower count = distractions.
3. Reply to your comments.
- Trust me, you’re not too big for this––you’re not Instafamous. (But apparently, some think they are.)
4. Realize that LinkedIn is not real life.
- Your job, business, and family are. Social is a filtered version of reality––yours and theirs. A Like doesn’t mean that someone actually likes you. And poor engagement doesn’t mean that they don’t. Perspective, people.
5. Ignore, unfollow, and/or block anyone who posts about “growing your personal brand” on LinkedIn.
- They’re not in it for you––and likely part of #6.
6. Do not join an engagement pod.
- This is the fastest way to a) get blackballed by the OG’s on this platform, and b) build a worthless, hollow audience of numbers, not carers.
Lastly, if your business is dependent on LinkedIn, you’re screwed. LinkedIn is simply a distribution channel.
There you have it.
No guides, coaches, or courses needed.