To this day, Loom's "Why we recorded 200 Loom videos to hire one teammate" is one of the best pieces of recruiting content I’ve seen.
Why it’s so good:
1. They documented actual work: they showed how they did something real and the impact it had on the business.
2. They “projectized” hiring: project owner, team, regular standups.
3. They used their own product.
4. They personalized cold outreach at scale.
5. It’s simple: zero fluff, lots of transparency.
6. They connected directly with their target market: product people would love this because product people love using Loom.
7. They paid it forward: Loom documented the process as a way to help other startups that are also facing hiring challenges.
Show, don’t tell. It wins.